Match Not Working Correctly For Lower Level Configurations
(Doc ID 2618846.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 20, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Configure to Order - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Two configuration items are created for XX181, even though the same configuration is under B1XXXX and B3XXXX option classes. Similarly, it created two configuration items for XXXXXXXXLLSTTLCM.
BOM and Routing created.
This will create multiple business issues
1) Same configuration sitting in manufacturing with different configuration item number.
2) Customer orders will get extended lead time, since the same configuration could not be matched (multiple configuration entries in BOM_ATO_CONFIGURATION table).
Details: When the same lower level configuration is repeated in the NESTED ATO model configuration (XXXXXXWLLPNL), the standard match process is ignoring the repeated occurrence of the lower level configuration (XX181) as attached example. The result is that multiple star items are created for the same configuration (for XX81 & XXXXXXXXLLSTTLCM) . This results in creating multiple Bills of Material for the configuration and routing as well.
One configuration item created for XX181 and one configuration item created for XXXXXXXXLLSTTLCM.
1. Enter sales order with one line for configuration model (XXXXXXWLLPNL), which has the same nested ATO Model (XXXXXXXXLLSTTLCM) multiple times in different option classes (B1XXXX, B3XXXX).
2. While configuring nested ATO Model, make sure you select the same configuration for the Nested ATO Model (XX181) under (XXXXXXXXLLSTTLCM) across option classes (B1XXXX and B3XXXX).
3. Book order
4. Schedule order
5. Run concurrent program ‘Autocreate configuration item’ or progress the workflow from line.
6. Verify bill generated for configuration items for (XXXXXXXXLLSTTLCM) and (XX181)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document