Subscription Lines Being are Being Added to Service Agreements or Extended Warranty Contracts Coming From Order Management
(Doc ID 2619789.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 07, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a Sales Order contains both a Subscription and a Service item, the Service Contracts Order Processing Program is placing, or attempting to place, both items on an Extended Warranty (or Service Agreement) contract. This should not be possible since Subscription lines are only allowed on Subscription Agreement contracts.
If the Service item and Subscription item are processed by the Service Contracts Order Processing program at the same time, both lines are being added to an Extended Warranty (or Service Agreement) contract.
If the Service item is run through the Service Contracts Order Processing program before the Subscription item line has been closed, an Extended Warranty contract is created. When the Subscription line closes, the Service Contracts Order Processing program raises the following error:
Invalid value for the column RLE_CODE.; OKC_CONTRACTS_REQUIRED_VALUE (COL_NAME=SUBSCRIBER Party Role (HEADER)).
Using the Order Management User responsibility:
1. Enter a Sales Order which contains a deliverable product with a related service item (not standard warranty) as well as a subscription item.
2. Process the order to ship the deliverable product, but do not yet close the subscription line.
3. Run the Service Contracts Order Processing Program (an Extended Warranty contract is created).
4. Complete the order to close the Subscription line.
5. Run the Service Contracts Order Processing Program and get the indicated error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document