Email to Supplier During Purchase Order Approval is Missing To Supplier File Attachment Zip File
(Doc ID 2626905.1)
Last updated on MARCH 05, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.1.3 to 12.2.9 [Release 12.1 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Approvals - Req, PO
"To Supplier" Attachment from Supplier Site is not sent in the supplier email during document approval
Supplier PO email doesn't include attachments added at Supplier Site level.
The problem does not occur If the attachments are entered at PO level, such attachments are included in "Attachments.zip" file within Supplier email notification and related Workflow attribute ZIP_ATTACHMENT is populated with something like "PLSQLBLOB:PO_COMMUNICATION_PVT.ZIP_ATTACH/POAPPRV:nnnnnn-nnnnn" (whereas for attachments at supplier level, workflow attribute ZIP_ATTACHMENT is blank)
Attachments created at Supplier Site level should also be sent in Supplier Email during approval of the document
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Go to Suppliers->Entry / Address Book / Manage Sites
2. Attached a PDF to supplier site with category “To Supplier”.
3. Create PO for the supplier in question and notice that PO header has PDF attachment from that supplier site.
4. Submit PO for approval and email the PO (to email defaulted in Transmission Method section of approval window)
5. Supplier (email recipient) receives email containing only PO PDF attached without any Attachments zip file
This issue where the attachments zip file is missing in the email to the supplier can also occur if the To Supplier attachments are added manually to the PO Lines directly. To Supplier attachments at the PO Line Level can also have this same problem.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document