In Oracle Purchasing, Error Is Encountered When Attempting to Get the Purchase Order to Approved Status after Multiple Changes Were Made to the Document
(Doc ID 2626971.1)
Last updated on MAY 08, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Purchase Order
User can change the price on the PO when it has been matched to an invoice.
The invoice was validated, but went on hold, and is in 'Needs Revalidation', but the
encumbrance accounting on the Invoice has already been created.
User is expecting that this price change would be incorporated to the invoice once its revalidated
and it does not.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Steps to recreate issue :
1. PO Created and approved in an Encumbrance Enabled OU with amount $957.90
2. PO Upward Adjusted to $1044.09
3. Standard Invoice Created/validated/approved for $681.69 and matched to the
4. Credit Memo Created/validated/approved for -$362.40 and matched to the
5. Standard Invoice Created $362.40 but not validated .
6. User then downward adjusted the Purchase order to $681.69 > PO is in
requires reapproval , reserved status.
7. When saved, system threw an error message "You cannot update this document
because its status is either Frozen, Canceled, Finally closed, In process,
Incomplete or Pre-approved"
8. When clicked on exception, system encountered an error message "You can
not unreserved the document because there are outstanding invoices and/or
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document