Error message is not Displayed Properly for Negative Extra Withholding Value in W4
(Doc ID 2632427.1)
Last updated on JULY 08, 2020
Applies to:Oracle HRMS (US) - Version 12.2 to 12.2 HRMS RUP14 [Release 12.2]
Oracle HRMS (US) - Version 12.1.1 to 12.1 HRMS RUP13 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This note provides a brief overview of
When the negative value is entered for "Extra Withholding" in the online W-4 and continue button is pressed, the next page shows the error message below.
Unlike other fields, it displays the "Row 1 Error" instead of the field name "Extra Withholding".
In addition, unlike other fields, the error message is not shown right below the Extra Withholding field.
Steps to Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Apply patch:30750500(US & CANADA END OF YEAR 2019 STATUTORY UPDATE III)
- Login with Employee Self-Service
- Go to Tax Form
- Select Federal and click Update button
- Enter negative values for "Claim Dependents", "Other Income", "Deductions" and "Extra Withholding" and click Continue
- For the Extra Withholding, it displays as "Row 1 Error" and not the field name "Extra Withholding".
The error message is not shown right below the Extra Withholding field.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document