Request Set Runs Immediately After Changing Schedule Date And Fails When Changing The Recalc Parameters And During Second Submission Generating A CANNOT insert null into FND_CONC_RELEASE_CLASSES.RELEASE_CLASS_NAME Error
(Doc ID 2638531.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 15, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Concurrent Processing - Version 12.2.6 to 12.2.9 [Release 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.6 version, Concurrent Manager Issues
There are three scenarios in which this issue affects an instance:
a. Navigate to System Administrator-->Concurrent-->Requests.
- Schedule request set on a periodic schedule to start immediately and to run every day with "Recalculate Parameters" checked.
- Wait till the first occurrence is run and next occurrence is scheduled.
- Click on View Details of next occurrence of scheduled request set and view the schedule details.
- Uncheck the "Recalculate Parameters" checkbox and click on OK button.
- Click on Update button in Request Set details form.
- Refresh the Requests form and verify that Request Set started running which was in scheduled status before.
b. Update a request set definition to have default recalc_params value of Y.
- Begin a new submission for the request set.
- Enter the schedule page, choose periodic and override the new default of recalc params from Y to N.
- Click ok at to close the schedule page.
- Re-enter the schedule page.
- Note that the value is back at the default Y.
c. Submit two request sets in a row, both with periodic schedules.
The second one will fail with:
CANNOT insert null into FND_CONC_RELEASE_CLASSES.RELEASE_CLASS_NAME
Expect it to show the next date in the schedule information should show the date of the pending next run.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document