Address And Email Fields In Create Contact Sales Page Are Not Validating
(Doc ID 2638711.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 13, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Sales - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Sales Dashboard
In the Sales Dashboard Create Contact for the customer page, the address field is mandatory by default.
For Email field, we have set 'Required' property to 'True' through OAF personalization.
But there is no validations happening to check for mandatory fields.
It is allowing to create the contact without address and email. The same issue happening for other fields also in this page.
There is no validation happened even though the fields are mandatory. Contacts are getting created successfully.
Mandatory fields should be validated.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to (R) Sales User -> Sales Dashboard -> Customers
2. Search for customer name.
3. Click on Contacts tab.
4. Click create contact Go button.
5. Click on Personalize page link and set the 'Required' property 'True' for the Email field at site level and responsibility level.
6. Saved the changes and returned to application
7. In the 'Create Contact' page, Email field and also the 'Address' field is showing as Mandatory. (the address field is mandatory by default)
8. Enter the First Name and keep Address and Email fields as blank.
9. Click on Apply button.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document