Booking Transaction is not Updated if the Financial Product is Changed Prior to Booking
(Doc ID 2646495.1)
Last updated on JULY 14, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Lease and Finance Management - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When activating a contract a Booking Transaction is created in table okl_trx_contracts_all.
This transaction record contains the Product Name, which is later being used in Sub-ledger Accounting.
If the Product on the contract is changed during activation, this transaction record is not always being updated with the current product.
This causes the wrong Product to be sent to Sub-ledger Accounting, which then causes accounting to be incorrect.
Expect that the Product in the Booking Transaction would match the Product in the contract when the contract is Booked.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set OKL: Lease Contract Approval Process to Workflow (Approvals Management would also work).
2. Validate and Calculate Upfront Tax.
3. The Booking Transaction should now exist with the current Contract Product.
4. Price and Submit the Contract for Approval.
5. Reject the Approval Notification.
6. Return to the Contract which will be in an Incomplete status.
7. Change the Product.
8. Move to the Summary tab and complete all steps to Activate the Contract.
Note that Validate Contract, Calculate Upfront Tax and Price Contract are all
marked as Completed when you move to this tab.
9. Once the contract is submitted for Approval, approve the notification and the
Contract will move to a Booked status.
10. Check the Product in the Booking Transaction. It will be the original Product
and not the one selected after the approval rejection.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document