Service Contract Repricing Results Reports "Success" even though Pricing was not Successful
(Doc ID 2647171.1)
Last updated on MARCH 12, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.4 version, Pricing Integration
Find that repricing results reports "success" even though pricing was not successful.
Repricing fails for a specific subline in a service contract because there are two appropriate lines in the price list with the same precedence or if there is no appropriate line in the price list for the item.
However, the repricing results show "Success" with message "Line x.x repriced successfully". Also, the QA Check for repricing also shows SUCCESS.
Repricing result and Check QA should not show Success when there is an error getting the price from pricelist.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Modify the price list to have 2 the same precedence for two relevant lines for a given item - then the pricing engine can not determine which is the correct price so no price is calculated.
Also, end date a relevant line in the price list for the given item.
2. Author a service contract with Service item not on price list or with 2 relevant lines
3. Click on Reprice at the line level, you will see repriced successfully.
4. When clicking on Price calculation button, you will see in the status text "Duplicate price list lines....." or "Price was not found on price list....."
5. Check QA and Check Reprice Request shows Success.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document