R12 FA: WEB ADI Upload Fails on Manual Asset Number even if Responsibility is Disabled
(Doc ID 2658053.1)
Last updated on JUNE 07, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Assets - Version 12.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Unable to Create Asset using WebADI.
Below error is encountered in case of the responsibility has Menu Exclusion of "Assets: Manual Asset Numbers"
Even if the responsibility assignment has been disabled, Mass Addition Web Adi integrator got error for manual asset number.
"The Asset Number entered is invalid because Manual Asset Numbering is disabled. Action: Re-enable Manual Asset Numbering or clear the Asset Number value and Automatic Asset Numbering will create the Asset Number."
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Log In Fixed Assets module
- Set Menu Exclusion of "Assets:Manual Asset Numbers" on FA Resp. FA_AAA
- Assign Resp. FA_AAA to user FA_USER
- Set End Date on Resp. assignment of FA_AAA -->* For user FA_USER, Resp. FA_AAA is unavailable now.
- Assign Resp. FA_BBB to user FA_USER
- Using Resp. FA_BBB, try to upload the asset with manual asset number through Web ADI
- Error is encountered
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document