Resource for One Outside Processing (OSP) Step Becomes Associated to Another OSP Step Because of Missing Validations on Purchase Order Shipment Distributions Outside Services Screen
(Doc ID 2659391.1)
Last updated on APRIL 14, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Process Manufacturing Process Execution - Version 12.2.5 and later
Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.2.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.5 version, Outside Processing
Resource transaction for one OSP step can become associated with a different OSP step. This seems to occur by performing the following steps.
1. Create batch with one OSP step.
2. Generate requisition and PO.
3. Manually create a new PO for a different OSP item.
4. Manually link the new PO to the same OSP step (from PO, Shipments > Distributions > Outside Services). Seems like this should not be allowed. The item on this PO does not match the resource on the step.
5. Add a second OSP step to the batch, with an operation and resource corresponding to the item on the manually created PO.
6. Open the manually created PO, go to Shipments > Distributions > Outside Services, and update the step to be the new OSP step. This updates the operation, but not the activity or resource. This seems to be a bug.
7. Receive both POs.
8. Run Resource Transaction Manager.
9. Two transactions are created for the original OSP step, one linked to the first PO (po_header_id, po_line_id) and one linked to the second PO which was for a different item and should have been linked to the resource in the second OSP step.
Expect data to not get out of sync.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, resource transactions are incorrect.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document