Getting an "ORA-01086: Savepoint 'G_UPDATE_ARTICLE_GRP' Never Established in This Session or is Invalid" Error
(Doc ID 2659418.1)
Last updated on APRIL 17, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Procurement Contracts - Version 12.2.9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The customer is getting the following error when updating a Clause.
Note that this issue may appear to be inconsistent as these two things seem to need to be true:
1. The "FND: Debug" profile needs to be set to 'Yes'.
2. The Clause must contain a
ORA-01086: savepoint 'G_UPDATE_ARTICLE_GRP' never established in this session or is invalid ORA-06512: at "APPS.OKC_ARTICLES_GRP", line 1837 ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error in Package OKC_K_NON_STD_ART_GRP Procedure g_update_non_std_article
1. Select a PO to update.
2. Select "Update Contract Terms".
3. Update a Clause, (i.e. Export the Clause, make a Change, then import the Clause).
4. Click Save or Apply.
5. The indicated error occurs.
This issue happens after upgrading to version 12.2.9 which includes the file OKCGARTB.pls having version 120.14.12020000.5. This is the file containing the defect.
This issue may appear to be inconsistent. That is because these two things need to be true to encounter the issue:
1. The profile option "FND: Debug" needs to be set to yes at a level that causes debug messages to be written.
2. The Clause with the changes needs to include a table,
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document