QP: Bulk Import Of Price List Standard Program Is Taking a Long Time to Complete
(Doc ID 2688715.1)
Last updated on JULY 13, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Pricing - Version 12.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.6 version, Pricing Object Security
Find poor performance running QP: Bulk Import of Price List to insert 172 price list lines.
* Uses the Pattern Search Engine
* Reports that issue was first noticed August 2019
* Performance issue is there regardless of system load
For 172 lines it should take less than 15 minutes
MOST EXPENSIVE STATEMENTS
Trace file captured for 172 new price list lines that are inserted.
File versions used:
QP_BULK_VALIDATE QPXBLVAS.pls 120.3.12020000.2 SPEC VALID
QP_BULK_VALIDATE QPXBLVAB.pls 120.71.12020000.3 BODY VALID
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set profiles as follows at site level:
Responsibility: System Administrator
Navigate to: Profiles > System
Query profile and set / save as follows:
QP: Pattern Search = Both Modifier and Price list
QP: Batch Size for Bulk Import = 1000
2. Load the Pricing Interface tables
3. Gather statistics on the interface tables using 'estimate percentage' = 30 (or greater)
4. Responsibility: Oracle Pricing Manager
Navigate to: Reports
Select name = QP: Bulk Import of Price Lists
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document