WMS Pick Partial , Pick More Causes Overpicking
(Doc ID 2690226.1)
Last updated on JULY 22, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Warehouse Management - Version 12.1.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.1 version, Pick Drop
In R12.1.1, on mobile WMS users can select pick partial and pick more which then results in an overpick of the total requested amount. This is despite having the WSH:overpicking enabled profile = NO, and not allowing overpick without exception on the pick load page setups. After an overpick occurs, the overshipment tolerance of 0, which has been set, prevents overshipping.
Expect that the 0 tolerance setting should be honored and that over picking should not occur.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) In mobile wms tasks outbound discrete picking begin task group
2) On a pick of qty > 1, confirm sub, main, item, uom
3) in confirm req qty field select F4 to go to exception screen
4) Choose pick partial
5) enter qty = 1
6) Choose pick more
7) without selecting exception again, enter another qty of 1
8) with cursor in xfer lpn field, now select F4 exception pick partial
9) enter qty = 1 again
10) after selecting pick more for the second time, notice that the confirmation field of requested quantity has been skipped over, and left blank. Cursor is now in lpn field again.
11) finish out pick. You will have picked 4 instead of 3.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document