COBRA Benefits Notification Letter Date Synching and Contact/Qualified Beneficiary Issues
(Doc ID 2690870.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Benefits - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1. When using Enrollment Coverage Start Date as the Determination Date Code for the COBRA Notification Letter Communication Type
- The letter does not show Qualified Beneficiary appropriately.
If the Determination Date Code is changed to COBRA Qualifying Event Date
- Then it shows the Qualified Beneficiary
- But has the wrong coverage start date.
The start date should be the day after the termination of current coverage.
But the 2 dates are not in sync.
2. The letter shows emergency contact when they are also a designee.
1. Expect the dates to be in sync with each other.
2. Expect the beneficiary name to be displayed
3. Expect that Emergency Contact would not be shown as a beneficiary.
Steps to Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Run COBRA Notification letter for a person who gains COBRA eligibility on Feb 11th, 2020
2. Review the Notification letter for dates
See that current Coverage End Date says Feb 29th, but continuation coverage says 11-FEB (this should be 01-MAR)
3 When determination code is updated to attempt to have the continuation coverage be correct - the person does not show up at all.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document