Payroll data and process issues in clone instance
(Doc ID 2703659.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 29, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Payroll - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.4 version, Core Payroll - General
Customer has a Test instance (clone of prod) which has multiple issues with payroll data & processes. Abstract of them is as below.
1. There is data in Payroll Process Results but if drill down to Assignment Process, there is no data at all (past or present).
2. As per the customer, in Element Description, the 'User Enterable' check box for input values of existing elements is unchecked automatically after the clone.
3. In Element Entries, none of the existing elements show any input values.
4. Defined a new element 'Test Element' with input value 'Amount'.
Entered the new element in Element Entries with Amount = xxxx.xx. Navigated to Quickpay > Element Selection. Surprisingly, none of the elements (including the new element) showed up there.
When checked again in Element Entries, similar to the existing elements, the new element also does not have any input value.
Since there are no input values, when payroll is run there are no results generated.
6. Adding to this, when trying to run quickpay, getting the below error.
"APP-PAY-07220: The primary key specified is invalid Cause: The primary key values specified are invalid and do not exist in the schema. Action: Check the primary key values before attempting to carry out the operation again."
7. Checked the table data.
There is data in PER_ALL_PEOPLE_F, PER_ALL_ASSIGNMENTS_F, PAY_ELEMENT_ENTRIES_F, & PAY_PAYROLL_ACTIONS but no data in PAY_ELEMENT_ENTRY_VALUES_F, PAY_RUN_RESULTS, & PAY_ASSIGNMENT_ACTIONS.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Clone the instance
2. Run Quickpay
3. Check the behavior
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document