iSupplier Portal Modify Supplier Restrictions Page Is Showing All Child Suppliers Instead of Assigned Child Suppliers
(Doc ID 2711146.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 15, 2020
Applies to:Oracle iSupplier Portal - Version 12.1.3 to 12.2.8 [Release 12.1 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle iSupplier Portal, Release 12.1.3, when a supplier user who has access to a parent supplier and some (not all) of the child suppliers, when creating a new contact the supplier restriction Modify Suppliers page is showing all child suppliers.
Due to this issue, users are confused by seeing non-related supplier names when assigning access to child suppliers.
It is expected that the Supplier Restrictions - Modify Suppliers page will be limited to child suppliers that the supplier user actually has access to.
Steps To Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log in to Oracle Applications as a supplier user.
2. Select responsibility Supplier Profile & User Manager > Supplier Details.
3. On the Supplier Administration - General page, the supplier is shown with supplier number 100105. This is a parent supplier and this supplier has 100+ child suppliers.
4. Click the Contact Directory link. On the Contact Directory page, the contacts listed are tied to supplier number 100105.
5. Click the Create button.
6. On the Add Contact page, use the LOV for the Supplier Name field. The LOV displays the parent supplier as well as the ten child suppliers that are assigned to this current supplier user. The 90+ child suppliers not assigned to this supplier user are not displayed in the LOV.
This is correct.
Select one of the child suppliers.
7. Next, scroll down to the User Access Restrictions - Supplier Restriction region.
The selected child supplier is displayed and the button "Modify Suppliers" is also displayed and enabled.
8. Click the Modify Suppliers button.
On the Modify Supplier Restrictions page, the parent supplier and ALL of the 100+ child suppliers are displayed for the current supplier user to choose.
THIS IS THE ISSUE. Since the current supplier user only has access to the parent supplier and only 10 of the child suppliers, only the parent supplier and the ten assigned child suppliers should be available for selection. The other 90+ child suppliers should not be available/displayed (similar to Step 6 above).
9. Select some of the child suppliers and click Apply.
10. Back on the previous page, in the User Access Restrictions - Site Restriction region, the child suppliers selected that are not assigned to the current supplier user are NOT displayed and are not assigned to the new contact.
This part is working correctly.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document