Journal Wizard Upload Validation Error: Enter A Valid Reversal Period
(Doc ID 2711218.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 18, 2020
Applies to:Oracle General Ledger - Version 12.0.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Attempting to upload journals from a WEBADI template (via Journal Wizard) with a layout that has the Reverse Journal and Reversal Period/Date
parameters added to the header of the template.
After populating the template and uploading the journal fails validation and will not upload.
The validation shows the following error: Enter A Valid Reversal Period
and no journal lines are uploaded.
1) Navigate in General Ledger to the Journal Wizard and open the template being used with the modified layout.
2) Enter all fields in the header including Reverse Journal - Yes and Reversal Period/Date by typing in the date needing to reverse the journal (Note that the List of Values (LOV) was not used).
3) Enter journal lines and submit the upload.
4) Validation of the data for upload then errors with Enter A Valid Reversal Period
Relevant items to note:
1) This has not worked in the past.
2) This is working for other ledgers, just not this ledger.
3) When attempting to choose the Reversal Date via the LOV, the working ledgers have a calendar displayed to allow selection of a date. This ledger does not.
4) When reversing by Reversal Period, a period is available in the LOV and can be selected and the data will upload without error.
5) When testing in the journal entry form for this ledger, a reversal date cannot be entered in the reversal field only the reversal period may be entered.
Attempting to use a new template to upload data.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document