Create Service from Service Contract Error Asset Number Already Used. Please Enter A Different Number
(Doc ID 2712309.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 18, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Lease and Finance Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Lease Authoring
When attempting to create service from service contracts in OKL,
the following error occurs.
Asset Number already used. Please enter a different number
ORA-01086: savepoint 'Validate_Link_Asset_PVT' never established ORA-06512: at "APPS.OKC_API", line 80 ORA-06512: at "APPS.OKL_CONTRACT_LINE_ITEM_PVT", line 844 ORA-06510: PL/SQL: unhandled user-defined exception in Package okl_contract_line_item_pvt Procedure create_contract_line_item
ORA-01086: savepoint 'create_contract_line_item_PVT' never established ORA-06512: at "APPS.OKC_API", line 80 ORA-06512: at "APPS.OKL_CONTRACT_LINE_ITEM_PVT", line 1577 ORA-01086: savepoint 'create_cov_asset_line_PUB' never established ORA-0 in Package okl_contract_line_item_pub Procedure create_contract_line_item
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a service contract with multiple sublines (covered products) and activate it.
2. Terminate one of the covered products.
3. Open the contract for update and add a new subline and check QA.
4. Create a lease contract having the same items as assets.
5. Make sure the quantity matches with the covered product quantity with active status.
6. Navigate to additional charges tab. Under fees and services select - create service from service contract
7. Enter the contract number created in Step 1 and payment type and supplier. Click apply and receive the error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document