Quick Retro (Enhanced) Processing Incorrect After Setup of the Employee Social Security Payroll Deferral Executive Order
(Doc ID 2716357.1)
Last updated on MAY 28, 2021
Applies to:Oracle HRMS (US) - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.4 version, US Payroll Tax Issues
Submission of the Concurrent Program > Quick Retro (Enhanced) is incorrectly calculating the Employee Social Security (SS) Deferred amount after initial setup steps outlined in Oracle EBS US Payroll Functional Technical Brief: Configuration Solution to Implement Employee Social Security Tax Deferral (Doc ID 2710162.1)
1) Submit the first payroll check dated 19-Sep-2020 and confirm the Social Security (SS) correctly calculated $0.00 SS deduction.
2) Process the second check dated 03-Oct-2020 adding 300 hours for Retro pay.
3) Calculation of the employee's gross wages included $5310.00 Retro and Regular Wages $1239.00 for a total of $6549.00
4) The application is calculating SS withheld of $493.83 of 6.2% which is 6549.00 plus $1416.00 prior pay.
5) The calculation should be $6549.00 x 6.2% = $406.00 EE SS deduction.
6) The employee has exceeded paid wages of $4,000.00.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document