Termination Logic Is Inconsistent For Intangible Subscription Items
(Doc ID 2721528.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 26, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 12.2.8 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.8 version, Contracts Billing/Termination
When terminating a Subscription Contract Line created for Intangible Subscription items, the termination credits are inconsistent and not as per the expectations. When an Intangible subscription item line is terminated the generated credits are inconsistent when tested for different termination dates.
Expect the Termination values to be calculated consistently.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Service Contracts (R)
2) Create Subscription Agreement covering Intangible Subscription items
3) The Contract effectivity is from 1st January to 31 December for period of one year with Monthly Billing.
4) The Period Type is Actual and Period Start is Calendar Month with Price UOM of Month.
5) Bill the Contract for first six months and then terminate on different dates in the end of June and observe
the termination credits
6) Observe the credits generated for different termination dates are inconsistent and not as expected
Due to this issue users cannot clarify to their customers how the termination credit amount is determined.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document