Existing Supplier Name Can be Displayed in Error Message During Prospective Supplier Registration
(Doc ID 2722315.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 23, 2020
Applies to:Oracle iSupplier Portal - Version 12.2.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle iSupplier Portal / Supplier Lifecycle Management, Release 12.2.5 and later, an error properly occurs when a prospective supplier enters a tax registration number value that is already existing.
The error message is correct, except that for prospective suppliers, the supplier name should not be displayed.
Due to this issue, prospective suppliers are able to see names of other suppliers that are entered in the system. This should be classified information (GDPR compliance) which can be seen only by that already-existing supplier and by the internal supplier administrators.
This tax registration number is already in use for party type: Third Party and party name: [Supplier Name] for the same period.
Steps To Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Using the Supplier Management Administrator responsibility, create a new supplier and be sure to enter the Tax Registration ID value.
Save and then Publish the supplier.
2. Log out of EBS.
3. Generate the URL for the prospective supplier registration, using the instructions from Note:470402.1 "How To Register A Prospective Supplier From An External URL".
4. Connect to the prospective supplier registration URL (created in Step 3) in a new browser window.
5. On the Prospective Supplier Registration page (Step 1), enter Company Name and also the same Tax Registration Number value as entered in Step 1 above. Also enter the other required fields.
6. Click the Next button. The error message appears at this point.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document