Using the Import Standard Purchase Orders (PDOI) to Add a Line Has Poor Performance - Submit for Approval Also Has Poor Performance
(Doc ID 2723545.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 27, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Using Purchasing, Version 12.1
A Purchase Order which is having around 126,000 lines, when adding a new line using the Import Standard Purchase Orders - Interface tables - it takes more than 5 hrs to for the concurrent request to complete.
The same Purchase Order of 126,000 lines - if adding a line manually in the Core Application - upon choosing the Approve button it takes 5 hours for the Approval Submission window to appear.
The Import Standard Purchase Orders process should not take 5 hours to complete to add one line.
The Approval Submission window/form should not take 5 hours to appear upon adding a new line and submitting the purchase order for re-approval.
No errors noted.
A. Import Standard Purchase Orders
1. Insert a record into the purchase order interface tables: po_lines_interface
2. This is a new line to be added to a very large purchase order
3. Submit the concurrent request for PDOI
4. Find that it takes upto 5 hours
B. Core Application
1. Purchasing - Purchase Orders/Purchase Orders
2. Query the very large purchasing document
3. Add a new line to the document - save
4. Choose the Approve button
5. 5 hours will pass and the Approval Submission form will finally appear.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document