Job Is Not Created When WIP Mass Load Is Executed after Changing WIP Sequence 'WIP_JOB_SCHEDULE_INTERFACE_S','WIP_INTERFACE_S' to Max Values
(Doc ID 2729688.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 18, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Work in Process - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Discrete Job is not created when WIP Mass Load is executed after changing WIP Sequence ('WIP_JOB_SCHEDULE_INTERFACE_S','WIP_INTERFACE_S') to max value.
The WIP Mass Load program completes without error but no Jobs are created.
1. There was Max Sequence value issue so created a Bug and got the following solution from Development.
- Issue: Bug 29834875 - MAX SEQUENCE VALUE OF WIP_JOB_SCHEDULE_INTERFACE_S AND WIP_INTERFACE_S
- Solution: They can use below alter statements to increase max sequnce
ALTER SEQUENCE WIP.WIP_JOB_SCHEDULE_INTERFACE_S MAXVALUE 4294967295 NOCACHE;
ALTER SEQUENCE WIP.WIP_INTERFACE_S MAXVALUE 4294967295 NOCACHE;
2. After applied above solution, no jobs are created by WIP Mass Load.
1) Extended Max Values of two sequences (WIP_JOB_SCHEDULE_INTERFACE_S AND WIP_INTERFACE_S) to 4294967295
2) Updated last_number to 4200000000 for the test
3) Populate data into WIP_JOB_SCHEDULE_INTERFACE table
4) Run the WIP Mass Load concurrent, it completes without error but job is not created
5) There is no error in WIP_INTERFACE_ERRORS table
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document