Incorrect Number Of Periods In The Billing Stream when Contract Start Date Is Modified To An Earlier Date
(Doc ID 2733888.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 03, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 12.2.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.5 version, Contracts Billing/Termination
When Contracts in Entered status or in Signed status are modified by updating the start date to
an earlier date, an additional billing stream is created in the schedules and the Number of periods is incorrect
though the schedule dates are correct.
Expect the Number of periods shown in the additional stream to be correct as the scheduled start and end dates are correct
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Service Contracts Manager (R)
2) Create contract with effectivity in future for a period of two
years and Billing schedule with 24 periods of one month(only one sequence).
3) Open for Update and modify the Start date to one year earlier so contract will be eligible for Active status after QA check
4) Cascade the Dates from Header to Lines and from Lines to Sublines
5) Now Billing Schedule shows one additional Sequence with No of periods as 24 whereas it is expected to be 12
Due to this issue, users cannot generate the correct periods in the billing streams
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document