Error "Select a Valid Value. Click on Magnifying Glass" When Updating Product Details
(Doc ID 2734246.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 04, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Teleservice - Version 12.2.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.6 version, Service Request Page
When updating Resolution Type under SR More Products region, system is showing below message for the serial number field.
"Select a Valid Value. Click on Magnifying Glass"
Also the second product/row is displaying the same serial # as product 1.
Once the same serial number value is selected from the search popup, the messages not displaying and allow to save the changes.
When updating a field in more products , we shouldn't get the error for serial number which are exisisting.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to (R) Customer Support Specialist > Agent Dashboard
2. Search SR# XXXX
3. Update HTML Service Request Screen opens
4. Click on More Products
5. Update the Resolution Type . The mentioned message appears under Serial Number field
6. The second product/row that was added now is displaying the same serial # as product 1.Then instance ID #s remain different.
7. Click on the magnifying glass and quick select the correct serial #
6. Both serial #s updated to the serial # selected in the quick select
9. Serial #s and Instance numbers are now correct.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document