Difference Between GRE Totals, Employee Periodic Detail Report And W-2 Register Totals For Medicare Wages and Medicare Tax (W-2 Boxes 5 and 6)
(Doc ID 2745587.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 21, 2021
Applies to:Oracle HRMS (US) - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, US Payroll Year End
The Medicare Wages and Medicare Taxes reported on the W-2 Register (Box 5 and Box 6) are Lower than the Medicare on the GRE Totals Report
Employee Periodic Detail Report totals do NOT match the W-2 Register Totals.
All Oracle Reports should match
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Validated the W-2 Register Totals to the Payroll Reports through Third Quarter - Medicare matches
2. Submit the Year End Pre-Process (YEPP) in January 2021
3. GRE Totals Reports Match the US Gross to Net and Match the Federal State Tax Remittance Report
4. Employee Periodic Details Report Totals do NOT match the W-2 Register
5. Observe the W-2 Register Totals Medicare Box 5 and Box 6 are LOWER than the GRE Totals Report
Multiple reversals, voids, balance adjustments were entered during 4th Quarter
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document