Does Washington Family Leave (WA PFL) Need To Be Reported In Box 14 On The W2?
(Doc ID 2746784.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 25, 2021
Applies to:Oracle HRMS (US) - Version 12.2.7 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.7 version, US Payroll Year End
Massachusetts Family Leave tax withheld is automatically on the W2 in Box 14. If you also want to display Washington Family Leave, both using State Misc 2 balances, you add State Misc 2 to the Box 14 balance. Then when you view a W2 for a Massachusetts employee, you see WA and MA Family Leave Tax in Box 14 twice.
The employee should only have MA or WA Family Leave Tax in Box 14 for the W2
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Add W2 BOX 14X > Feeds > add STATE_MISC2_EE > Tax Deductions > Pay Value > Add
2. This will pick up the Washington Family Leave for Box 14
3. Run the Year End Preprocess
4. Run the Employee W2 PDF for an employee in Massachusetts
5. Review the Massachusetts W2, Box 14
WA PFL 8.72
MA PFML 8.72
6. This employee should have no reporting for Washington Family Leave in Box 14
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document