Credit Memo for Estimated Billing Adjustment not for the Expected Amount if Future Invoice is Paid
(Doc ID 2752963.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 17, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Lease and Finance Management - Version 12.2.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.5 version, Asset Management
Find that the credit memo for estimated billing adjustment is not for the expected amount if future invoice is partially paid. It is created for the remaining amount where it should be created for the full amount.
This is an issue when Setup > System Options > Operational Options > Termination Options > Termination Billing Adjustments is set to Invoice Based.
When this is set to Standard the credit is generated as expected.
When it is set to Invoice Based only the amount remaining on the future invoice is being credited even though the correct amount is shown on the Quote.
Expect the entire amount of future invoice to be credited and not only the amount remaining.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Setup >> System Options > Operational Options > Termination Options > Termination Billing Adjustments is set to Invoice Based.
2. Create a lease contract
3. Book and bill one month into the future
4. Create a receipt and pay all invoices except the one month future invoice
5. Create another receipt for a small amount (less than the future invoice amount) and apply it to the future invoice, leaving an amount remaining
6. Create a full termination quote as of sysdate
7. Approve and accept the quote
8. Run lease billing and look at the credit memo generated for the future invoice amount remaining (and not for the full amount)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document