Error "FRM-4081: Truncation Occurred: Value Too Long For Field COMMENTS" when exporting data in Bills Receivable Portofolio Management
(Doc ID 2756445.1)
Last updated on MARCH 24, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Receivables - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Bills Receivable
In Portfolio Management, exporting data containing comments over 240 characters will show error FRM-40831: Truncation occurred: value too long for field COMMENTS.
The export will still be successful but customer has to click ok for every row where the error happens. If customer data has 100 rows with comments over 240 characters, they have to clicked 100 times to proceed with the export.
FRM-4081: Truncation occurred: value too long for field COMMENTS
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Receivables Manager
- Go to Portfolio Management form
- Query Customer name with comments exceeding 240 characters
- Click File and then Export
- Error will show (FRM-40831: Truncation occurred: value too long for field COMMENTS) for every row containing comments over 240 characters
- Click ok each time error appears
- Export will happen successfully
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|1. Bug Summary|
|2. Fixed Files|
|3. Recommended Patches|
|4. Solution Steps|
|Still Have Questions?|