Suitability Analyzer for an Succession Plan Based on Position Gives Error "You Must Define Competencies for the Position : XXXXXX" When the Competencies Requirement Are Mapped at Other Level Like Job, Organization.
(Doc ID 2757812.1)
Last updated on MARCH 13, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Succession planning - Version 12.2 HRMS RUP12 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When trying to do a Suitability Analyzer, against a particular Succession Plan which is created for Position, the following error occurs on Suitability Analyzer page:
"You must define competencies for the Position : XXXXXX"
Note: "XXXXX" is the position for which the Succession Plan is being created.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login using "Succession Planning for Administrators" Responsibility.
2. Navigate to function "Succession Planning".
3. In the launched page, visit the Tab "Manage Plans".
4. In the launched page, click on "Create" button.
5. In the launched page, Key in new plan details for Position.
6. Once the plan details are keyed in, click on the "Show Suitable Successors" button.
7. In the launched page "Find suitable successors for Position : Select Competencies", click on "Continue" button.
8. In the launched page, "Find suitable successors for Position : Suitable People", click on "Continue" button.
9. In the launched page, "Find suitable successors for Position : Suitable People", People based on the conditions defined in the previous page are picked up.
10. From the cluster "Matches Some or No Essential or Desirable Competencies", select the person records who can be possible successor for the position for which the Succession Plan is created and click on "Select as Successors" button.
11. Now the "Create Succession Plan" is launched again with the selected Persons displayed in the Grid.
12. For both the selected person records key-in the "Impact Of Loss", "Readiness Percentage" and Rank.
13. Now click on "Suitability Analyzer" button and got the above error message displayed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document