Approval Management Engine(AME) Not Cancelling the Notifications that does not Need an Action as per Approval Group Setup.
(Doc ID 2758469.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 10, 2022
Applies to:Oracle General Ledger - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.7 version, Journal Entry
Journal Approval integrated with Approval Management Engine(AME)
Observed that the AME is not cancelling the users notifications that does not need
any action when there are multiple approval groups with overlapping approvers.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
1. There are two groups of approver which can contain the same users.
Group 1 - User A
Group 2 - User A and user B
2. As user A is in both groups 1 and 2, he receives one approval notification and so does user B
3. User A approves the journal (his approval covers both groups 1 and 2)
4. User B do not receive any cancellation of the approval notification
5. The notifications stay in the user B's queue and they can take action like approve or delete at any time
6. If user B tries to update or delete the notification, it updates the
journal's history with the user's action even though the notification is completed and done at step 3
7. User B's notifications are pilling up and there is no way for the user to remove these.
User does not know which notifications to be ignored and which has to approved.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document