Service Contracts Created From Order Management Do Not Use Contracts Autonumbering Setup
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 11.5.9 to 188.8.131.52 [Release 11.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 23-Nov-2014***
OEXOEORD Sales Order Entry
OKSOCINT - Service Contracts Order Capture Integration
Contracts that are created through the Order Management are not numbered according the specifications that are defined in the Contracts Autonumbering form.
This problem and solution applies to situations where the Service Fulfillment Manager is used create Warranties and Service Agreements.
Steps to Reproduce
NAV: Contracts Manager responsibility:
1. Navigate to Setup -> Contract -> Autonumbering.
2. Define the autonumbering requirements.
3. Create and ship a Sales Order. On line 1, enter the serviceable item. On line 2 enter the service.
4. The warranty is created through Service Fulfillment. It does not follow the numbering scheme defined in the autonumbering form.
5. The Service Agreement is created through Order Capture (if run manually). The Service Agreement contract number is assigned correctly.
If the Service Agreement is created through the Service Fulfillment Manager, the contract number does not conform to the specifications entered for Service Contracts Autonumbering.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms