Special (Multibyte) Characters are Getting Converted Into Junk Characters
(Doc ID 2760192.1)
Last updated on JUNE 07, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Self-Service Human Resources - Version 12.2 HRMS RUP12 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Special (Multibyte) characters are getting converted into junk characters during workflow processing and SSHR OAF pages. (My Information > SIT > EIT etc)
We expect that the entered original characters should be committed to the DB and appear in the relevant pages and not Junk Characters.
Steps to Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Manager Self-Service
- Navigate: Personal Information
- Search for an employee with Special Characters in a few fields like first name, last name etc. and click on Action
- Make any changes to the information, upon saving the special characters are changed to junk characters
1. Login to Employee Self Service responsibility
2. Click on a worklist notification for a transaction submitted with Note containing special characters.
3. In the notification page, junk character are appearing in place of special Arabic characters
The following patch was applied:
PSU 10.3.6.0.201020 (Patch 31641257)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document