UPK: Upgrading 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 is Failing With "An error (-5009 : 0x80040702) has occurred while running the setup"
(Doc ID 2760956.1)
Last updated on MARCH 17, 2021
Applies to:User Productivity Kit - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
While upgrading UPK 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124, and running the setup.exe as Administrator the following error occurs:
Patch- InstallShield Wizard
An error (-5009 : 0x80040702) has occurred while running the setup.
Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed the other applications.
If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor: See Documentation.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Download UPK 126.96.36.199 (ESP5) - Patch 30192848 from MOS
2. Right click ZIP - > Properties and confirm ZIP is unblocked
3. Extract ZIP to a new folder.
4. Locate the setup.exe in the extracted folder
5. Right click the setup.exe and run as Administrator
6. Receive Install Shield Error
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document