To Perform Custom Validation using Billing Group Enabler - Contract ID is Missing in the Procedure
(Doc ID 2763455.1)
Last updated on MARCH 25, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Lease and Finance Management - Version 12.2.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.2 version, Billing Modules
To perform custom validation and display custom warning/Error/Success message based on the Validation during the addition of Contracts to the Existing Billing Group, the following issue is seen:
Since the Validation is done during the addition of new contracts to the Billing group , we need the Contract number to be available during the call to the extension package APPS.OKL_BILL_GROUP_CLIENT_EXTN. But whenever the update is done at the Bill group page, it triggers only the Validate_BG_EXTN procedure in the package APPS.OKL_BILL_GROUP_CLIENT_EXTN. The Validate_BG_Contract_Extn procedure needs to be triggered for the getting the contract id for performing validation.
Packages Triggered from Billing group page :
Packages Triggered from the Process Bill group Update Requests Program.
1. OKL_BILL_GROUP_CLIENT_EXTN.VALIDATE_BG_CONTRACT_EXTN – Gets triggered when there is any changes is made to the Contracts that is associated with any billing groups.
2. OKL_BILL_GROUP_CLIENT_EXTN.VALIDATE_BG_LINE_EXTN – gets triggered when there is any changes/updates is made to the line level details of the contract that are associated with any billing group.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Responsibility: Lease Super User > Lease > Operations > Billing Group.
2. Query the Required Billing group with the bill Group number/Name.
3. Open the Billing Group and then click on update to add a new contract to the billing group.
4. Click on the Add symbol and select the Contract number.
5. Once the contract number is selected click on Apply.
6. Once applied, the concurrent program - Process Bill Group Update Requests is submitted.
7. Updates done at the Bill group page triggers only the Validate_BG_EXTN procedure in the package APPS.OKL_BILL_GROUP_CLIENT_EXTN.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document