New ASN Fails With RCV_SHIP_QTY_OVER_TOLERANCE For Back To Back Order Flow When First ASN Against PO Is Negatively Corrected
(Doc ID 2764573.1)
Last updated on MARCH 30, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Receiving Functions
Error: Quantity 80 is greater than 70, quantity ordered plus tolerance.
Cause: Quantity you wish to ship is greater than quantity ordered plus the over receipt tolerance.
Action: Either reduce the quantity to ship or increase your quantity received tolerance on the Purchase Order.
ERROR_MESSAGE_NAME - RCV_SHIP_QTY_OVER_TOLERANCE
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
In WMS Enabled Organzation for Lot Controlled item - below steps are performed
1) Create, Book and Progress a Back to Back Sales Order for Quantity Say 80.
2) Autocreate the Purchase Order by importing requisition.
3) Create ASN for full quantity
4) Receive in Mobile using ASN for full quantity.
5) Perform a negative correction for partial quantity - say 70
6) Cancel the ASN
7) Perform a negative correction for remaining quantity - say 10
8) Now try to create a new ASN using ROI for full quantity - say 80.
9) System throws the error
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot Receive ASN.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document