R11i: AP: Error "The root object is missing or invalid. Local/EWH-3712-0" Trying To View Output Of "1099 Forms PDF Format" Program
(Doc ID 2766203.1)
Last updated on APRIL 06, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Payables - Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 11.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When submitting the 1099 PDF Format, the program completes successfully, however, when trying to view the output, encountering the following error:
The root object is missing or invalid.
The issue occur after applying the 1099 patch for year 2021
The issue occur with both PDF Template format files; for 1099 MISC report (Template Form1099MISCCopyB.pdf) and 1099 NEC Report (file Form1099NECCopyB.pdf)
Steps to reproduce:
- They ran the 1099 NEC /MISC Form PDF
- Request executed and completed successfully.
- The Log shows NO Errors or abnormal execution.
- The XML data generated as expected and OK.
The raw data in temporary table AP_1099_TAPE_DATA_ALL is generated OK / expected - matches the XML file.
- But, When try to view the report output, user get the error
If try to open the PDF Template files directly, using Acrobat Reader 2016, the following error raises:
If try to open the PDF Template files using a WebBrowser with Acrobat Reader plug-in, the following error raises:
Applied Year 2020 1099 <Patch 32100730>.
The following file versions were installed in location $AP_TOP/patch/115/publisher/templates/:
- APXT7F99P_en_US.pdf 115.31
- Form1099MISCCopyB.pdf version 115.2
- Form1099NECCopyB.pdf version 115.2
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document