Entire PTO Model Structure Is Split - When One Of The Shippable PTO Option Is Partially Shipped
(Doc ID 2767094.1)
Last updated on APRIL 20, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Order Management - Version 12.2.7 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1. There exists a BOM structure with parent as PTO Model with one PTO Option Class and standard items as its components.
2. For the PTO Model item, Ship Model Complete = No
because in our business, the shippable PTO options can be shipped from different locations and sometime in partial quantities.
3. At Sales Order booking
4. Suppose, we only have 6 pieces for shippable PTO option = @KIT00367 (line 1.1.2) in stock and those gets shipped,
the split after shipping is not splitting the that line only.
It is splitting the entire structure and creating another set for quantity = 4.
5. After shipping 6 pieces for shippable PTO option = @KIT00367 (line 1.1.2)
6. This kind of a split is going to create many more order lines, many more shipping transactions (delivery detail lines) and is going to be messy.
e.g. if another shippable PTO option = @ 2MA2987H04 (line 1.1.6 or line 1.2.6) is shipped partial, it will split the entire set one more time.
7. At the same time, we may have the full qty = 10 available for shippable PTO option = @ 2MA2987H02 (original line 1.1.5);
but because of this split, now those 10 pieces will need to be picked & shipped across these different splits.
Is there a way to avoid this entire PTO structure split and only split the order line corresponding to specific shippable PTO option?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document