Unable to use Database Items in Fast Formula for Leave of Absence
Last updated on AUGUST 10, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Self-Service Human Resources - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Leave of Absence screen when a Fast Formula is modified to use Database Items
While trying to update the BG_ABSENCE_DURATION formula, a call is made to the function having parameter employee number (to populate the working patterns of the employee). For this the PER_EMP_NUMBER database item is used. It will work fine from core Apps side, but through Self -Service (and on the final approval) there will be an error as follows:
Cause: A SQL SELECT statement, obtained from the application dictionary returns no row when executed . Action: Please refer to your local support representative.
- BG_ABSENCE_FORMULA is of type QuickPaint which does not accept ASSIGNMENT_IDnor PERSON_ID as context parameters to any External Function (i.e. PL/SQL user defined function).
- The solution was to use PER_EMP_NUMBER database item to pick-up the employee work pattern and calculate the leave duration.
- The solution is working fine with Core Application.
- BG_ABSENCE_FORMULA is working fine in Self Service on entering the leave start and end dates; It calculates the absence duration correctly per the employee work pattern using the PER_EMP_NUMBER database item.
- The leave will be routed for approval normally and Approvers can view the absence details with no problem.
- The issue is when the final Approval is obtained, and when the application is transferring the record from HRSS tables (HR_API_TRANSACTIONS, HR_API_TRANSACTIONS_STEPS, HR_API_TRANSACTION_VALUES, etc.) to Core HR tables (PER_ABSENCE_ATTENDACE, etc.).
- The API responsible for the transition can not recognize the database item PER_EMP_NUMBER.
Thus a Workaround is needed so that BG_ABSENCE_DURATION can calculate the leave duration based on individuals work patterns.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms