DATA ACT - Allocation Adjustments Causing Incorrect Award Activity Amounts - Rounding Issue
(Doc ID 2774579.1)
Last updated on MAY 06, 2021
Applies to:Oracle U.S. Federal Financials - Version 12.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
User has identified an issue with the logic that generates the rounding adjustments related to PRC allocations.
The issue was identified because there was activity reported in File C for the final period of FY20 (SEP-FY-20) for 3 PIID's that had net-0 activity. In the attached file C, reference the following PIIDs:
49100418F1255 - Amount: -0.01
49100420F0118 - Amount: -0.01
XXXDACS17D1280 - Amount 0.02
After researching, user found the following:
- There is a line on each of these 3 awards that all have the same CCID
- AP Invoices were posted in SEP-FY-20 for each of these PO/CCID's, where net impact was 0 (offsetting 4801/4901 entries)
- Treasury Confirmation was posted for the payments on each of these invoices in SEP-FY-20, where net impact was 0 (offsetting 4901/4902 entries)
- Accounting entries for each transaction posted in the same journals (one for AP, one for FV), and activity was summarized to a single JE Line since the CCID's were the same
- GTAS Activity Balance contains detail rows for each of the JE Lines, one row per award (so, in this case, three rows per JE Line)
- Logic in FV_DATAACT_PKG.POPULATE_PRC_ALLOC_ADJ calculates the allocation adjustment based on JE_HEADER_ID, JE_LINE_NUM, CCID ONLY, and applies the adjustment to the MIN ROWD in FV_GTAS_ACTIVITY_BALANCES
- FV_DACT_PERIOD_BALANCES_V then joins to FV_GTAS_ACTIVITY_BALANCES using the MIN ROWID
Rows from the Treasury Confirmation activity that are causing the issue have been identified.
There are two JE Lines, one for 4901 and one for 4902, but the ROWID gets assigned in a random manner, so the PIID on the MIN(ROWID) is not the same between the two JE Lines.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document