Discoverer Plus Connection From E-Business Suite Fails
(Doc ID 2775213.1)
Last updated on MAY 12, 2021
Applies to:Oracle E-Business Suite Technology Stack - Version 12.2.9 to 12.2.9 [Release 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2.9 version, Cloned Environment.
Discoverer Plus connection fails with the following error in a newly cloned environment.
A connection error.
- Oracle BI Discoverer is unable to authenticate using the password provided. This can happen due to an invalid password or because the password was lost while using back, forward, or refresh in your browser. Enter the password again to continue.
- Failed to connect to database - Unable to connect to Oracle Applications database (afscpgcs)
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Cloned Production E-Business Suite environment.
2. After clone, login to E-Business Suite.
3. Try to invoke Discoverer Plus. This results in above mentioned error.
Issue occurs on a newly cloned envirnment.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document