Item Specification Not Defaulted When Item Has Revision Control
(Doc ID 2778499.1)
Last updated on MAY 21, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Quality - Version 12.2.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using Item Specifications and adding the item revision, the item specification is no longer being defaulted BUT the user has to select it every time.
Expect to have it defaulted as per the assembly and BOM revision from the job.
When adding the Revision related elements in the plan definition, they get defaulted from the parent transaction, same as the item SO, it is expected to have the specs defaulted as well.
Steps to reproduce:
1. create item specs for assembly item A (no revision control)
2. create item specs for assembly item B (revision control)
3. create BOM and Routing for the 2 items
4. create QA Plan transaction association of type Move Transaction.
5. add the 2 items in the triggers for the plan
6. associate the item specification to the plan
7. create jobs for the 2 items.
8. perform move transactions.
For item A, the find specification window is not opened but the specs are defaulted in the plan when clicking the specs element.
For item B, the find specification window opens with item defaulted but no revision. User has to select the revision.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document