Purchase Order Revision Automatically Incremented When Non Revision Sensitive Column Was Updated
(Doc ID 2779120.1)
Last updated on JUNE 24, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The issue is only happening to following scenario
A. E-Business Suits (EBS) was configured to be accessed with multiple languages
B. Purchase Order (PO) has item with different "Item Description" defined/translated in different language (MTL_SYSTEM_ITEM_TL)
for example : Same item (same INVENTORY_ITEM_ID)
- In Language A: - item description = abcd
- In Language B: - item description (was translated) = xyzw
1. Login to EBS Application with Language B selected
2. Select Purchasing Reasonability
3. Navigation = Purchase Orders > Purchase Orders
4. Query the PO which has item that has different translated item description
5. Navigate to the 'Lines' level, click the Line DFF (Descriptive Flexfield) to open the DFF window
6. On Line DFF window, click the OK button to open 'Additional information' window
7. Change the value of 'Fiscal Classification Code' (PO_LINES_ALL.GLOBAL_ATTRIBUTE1), click OK button
8. System will prompted with message said new document revision has been incremented, however, columns of Descriptive Flexfield is not revision sensitive column and it should not trigger the document revision increment
The same issue will not happen for SAME navigation steps if user was login to EBS Application with Language A selected.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document