PAXBUEBU: Zero Dollar Journals Created When There Is No Budget Update.
(Doc ID 2780998.1)
Last updated on JUNE 04, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Project Costing - Version 12.2.4 and later
Oracle Project Planning and Control - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When updating a budget with 2 periods open, there are 0.00 journal entries being created and interfaced to General Ledger for budgets that are not being updated but where the period is open.
To verify period statuses
- Log into a Projects Responsibility
- Navigate to Setup > System > PA Periods and GL Periods
- Press F11 to search for the Period Status = Open
- Press Ctrl-F11 to initiate the search
This is resulting in EP01 errors in Journal Import if the unexpected journal entries are not interfaced before the period is closed, and also creating a large number of unnecessary entries for 0.00 that should not have been created.
The expectation is if there is no adjustment to a budget, there should not be any journal entries created for the budget.
The issue started happening after patch 31048332 was applied to resolve the Integrated GL Budget Baseline Funds Check Error When 2 Periods are Open.
Steps to reproduce -
- Setup requires 2 periods to be open.
- Create a budget adjustment in a Projects Responsibility > Budgets > Details
- Run Journal Import to process Budget Journal Entries
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document