Internet Explorer (IE) Proxy Settings Prevent Creation Of Webadi Document, Error: Exceeded maximum wait time for bootstrap download
(Doc ID 2785302.1)
Last updated on JUNE 22, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Web Applications Desktop Integrator - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Web Applications Desktop Integrator (WebAdi)
Attempt to create WebAdi document, this process stays stuck and errors.
If in the Internet Explorer (IE) the setup is changed to skip proxy - the process fails.
Without the exception, it works fine.
In BNE Log file:
3/7/21 7:19 PM AJPRequestHandler-HTTPThreadGroup-5 ERROR BneFileDownloadPage1::createPage() Exceeded maximum wait time for bootstrap download to occur. This may have been caused by high load on the server or some other network error.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Internet Explorer > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Setting > Local Area Network (LAN) Settings > Proxy Server > Use a proxy server for your LAN - Checkbox Checked
2. Continue from the same page: Advanced > Proxy settings > Enter exception: '*.name.com'(eg. do not use proxy server for the addresses that begin with"...)
3. WebAdi Responsibility > Create Document
4. Instead of creating the spreadsheet, the process stays stuck and eventually errors
5. Internet Explorer: allow the system to go through proxy - eg. reverse the exception entry created in step 2
6. Observe the process now works fine, with no error
Attempt to use WebAdi for the first time in this network context.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document