Start Item Does Not Copy the Cross Reference Description of the ATO Model
(Doc ID 2786865.1)
Last updated on JULY 07, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Configurator - Version 12.2.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.6 version, Runtime Core
After the creation of the star item or the configured item for the model it's cross ref description is not populated correctly.
There is a model item and cross reference had been applied to that model item when the cross -reference is applied for the single org , and after that user create star item, the cross reference assignment of the star item is correctly populated (same as the model item).
When user apply cross ref for more than one organization in the model item, after creating the star item, the Description of cross reference assignment changed in the configured item for the new organization.
Expect description of star item to be the same as model item.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Query for model item ModelA on Master Items form
2. Go to Tools -> Item Cross Reference Assignment
3. 2 cross reference types are created in org OrgA with description.
4. Create a new order with the model item, warehouse org is OrgA. Item validation org is OrgB. Progressed order and a star item is created.
5 Query for the star item on Master Items form
6. Go to Tools -> Item Cross Reference Assignment
7. The star item has same cross reference assignment as the model item.
8. Added item cross reference assignment for the model item, for org OrgC.
9. Create a new order in the same responsibility, warehouse org is OrgA. Item validation org is OrgB. Progressed order and a new start item is created.
10. Query for the new star item on Master Items form
11. Go to Tools -> Item Cross Reference Assignment
12. The star item has same cross reference type assigned. However in the orgC, the Description is different. The description has changed to model item description, instead of the original Description entered in the item cross reference assignment form.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document