Overcompletion is Increasing Required Quantity of Lot Basis Components
(Doc ID 2788575.1)
Last updated on JUNE 30, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Work in Process - Version 12.2.9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.9 version, Transactions
Components added to a job with a Basis Type of Lot are having their Required Quantities increased when an overcompletion is done on the job.
Expect components with Basis Type of Lot to not have the Required Qty changed. Per the User Guide, Lot basis quantities are fixed and do not change based on assembly quantity.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create job for qty of 1, Overcompletion tolerance set to 500% (WIP > Discrete > Discrete Jobs).
2. Add component to job, with Basis Type set to Lot. Required qty is 1 (WIP > Job/Schedule Details > Material Requirements).
3. Perform WIP material issue of the 1 (WIP > Material Transactions > WIP Material Transactions).
4. Perform overcompletion of 3 (WIP > Material Transactions > Completion Transactions).
5. The Required Qty of the Lot basis component has changed to 3 (see on WIP > Discrete > Discrete Jobs).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document