Requisition Change Order NullPointer Exception Error When PR Line Has An Agreement And An Invoice/Receipt
(Doc ID 2789279.1)
Last updated on MARCH 07, 2023
Applies to:Oracle iProcurement - Version 12.2.10 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.10 version, Change Order
Requisition Change Order NullPointer Exception Error when PR line Has an Agreement and an Invoice/Receipt
When creating an Requisition Change Order (RCO) users are receiving an undefined error when changing the Need-By Date or the Quantity.
This only happens when the PR has a Source Document of either a GBPA or CPA, and only if there is either an Invoice or a Receipt and the PO is still open (eligible for RCO).
The PR destination does not matter, and it can happen for catalog or non-catalog items.
java.lang.NullPointerException at oracle.apps.icx.por.changeorder.server.ChangeOrderAMImpl.updateChangeOrderLineAmount(ChangeOrderAMImpl.java:2121)
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Purchasing > Buyer Work Center > Agreements
Create a Non-Catalog Requisition
2. iProcurement > Shopping > Non-Catalog Request
3. Specify category and select Yes, I already have a specific supplier in mind.
4. Select Services I can provide description rate and quantity
5. Add item description
6. Specify Quantity
7. UOM = Dollars
8. Rate = 1
9. Specify the agreement
10. Select Add to Cart
Complete Checkout and Submit for Approval
11. Complete the checkout process and submit PR for approval.
12. Approval PR
Create PO from PR
13. Purchasing > Buyer Work Center > Requisitions
14. Add Requisition Line to the Document Builder
15. Select Create
16. Submit PO for approval
Create an Invoice (or Receipt) Against PO/PR
Note: Do not do a fully matched invoice/receipt that would close the PO. If you close the PO you will get the seeded error that the document is not eligible for an RCO.
17. Payables Manager > Invoices > Invoice
18. Create an invoice matched to the PO. Validate the invoice
Note: It is ok if the invoice goes on hold…it just has to be tied to the PR/PO Line
Create a change request for the PR
19. iProcurement > Requisitions
20. Select the requisition and then select Change
21. Update the Need-by date or the Quantity. When existing the field the application generates an error:
Upgrade to 12.2.9
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document