Negative Principal or Interest Stream Elements Quoted as a Positive Adjustment but Credited in AR
(Doc ID 2792235.1)
Last updated on JULY 19, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Lease and Finance Management - Version 12.2.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.5 version, Asset Management
Find that on loan contracts, the negative Principal or Interest stream elements are quoted as a positive adjustment but they are getting credited in AR.
Expect positive adjustments on quote to generate an invoice and not a credit memo.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Using Lease super user responsibility, make sure the following setup is in place:
Setup System options >> operational options >> Termination options:
Termination Billing Adjustments Invoice Based
2. Create a loan contract and bill and make sure for Principal and Interest, one of those is negative.
3. Create a termination quote (without purchase) for the contract that is effective before the stream element dates of
the P or I that has the negative value. The quote will show that P or I that had the negative stream
element will have a positive adjustment amount on the quote.
4. Approve and accept the quote.
5. View the OKL Invoice data, or run billing to generate the actual invoices in AR.
The amount that was positive on the quote will be a credit in the resulting invoices.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document